Chief Executive Officer/President
Dr. Nguyen is currently the CEO/President of Milefast Inc. to provide an open logistics platform to solve the last mile shipping and delivery challenges in US metropolitan cities. He has co-founded and has invested in several companies including Streaming Curiosity Inc. which develops new core technology software for Augmented Reality (AR). This technology is designed to handle complex outdoor and indoor building environments with less bandwidth and computation power. Cloud resident geometric models are streamed efficiently to a persons' mobile device while they are walking. The software correctly mixes 3D virtual models with real world imagery in real-time based on the user's position and orientation to support a variety of AR applications. This is an extension of the core technology which we invented originally for 3D virtual worlds, where its value has been proven very successfully in many games, including Call of Duty, Doom, Quake and Half-life.
In 2011 to 2013, Dr. Nguyen was the managing partner in charge of all business aspects of Amland Corporation. This company is a licensed electrical and civil transportation engineering firm founded in 2002 in the State of California specializing in new and modernization renewal energy projects. Dr. Nguyen successfully secured the largest $16M LED conversion project with the City of Oakland. Its customer base included both private and public sector markets predominantly based in San Francisco Bay Area/Northern California. Customers included, but are not limited to, local municipalities and state governments such as California Department of Transportation (CalTrans), City of Oakland, City of San Jose, and City of San Leandro.
Dr. Nguyen also cofounded Web Office Inc. in 2001. Under his leadership as its President, Web Office Inc. received the Export Achievement Award from U.S. Department of Commerce in 08/2003, and its product received the PC Magazine prestigious 4-Star Award in the US and selling in US, Japan, Germany, Turkey, Singapore and South Korea. Products include EncryptededEye™, VPSN™, and SDATS™ (Secured Deployable Asset Tracking System – An Intelligent RFID Solution).
Technically, Dr. Nguyen is an expert in renewal energy engineering, distributed/cloud computing, computer architecture, Information Technology (IT) architecture, customer services, and help desk including infrastructure security risk assessment and mitigation. During the 26 years (16 years with IBM Corp; 1997-2000 in Chief Technology Officer of IBM Global Services) of working at major US corporations and business consultant fields, Dr. Nguyen led many worldwide consulting, research, and professional activities in areas including electrical power systems, customer services, cyber security, emerging collaboration technologies, homeland security, and distributed computing. As a technology and business leader in the CTO of IBM Global Services, Dr. Nguyen qualified new team members, dealt with IBM Fortune 500 clients, performed executive sales, negotiated to close contracts, led project teams, and developed project management policies, procedures and methodologies to be used to repeatedly deliver the successful end results.
In business consulting and C-management roles, Dr. Nguyen has been fortunate to work around the world with businesses from start-up companies to Fortune 10. On average, Dr. Nguyen can provide to these companies a 40 percent increase in sales, 40 to 70 percent in customer service and customer satisfaction, 50 - 80 percent decrease in information operational costs and obvious increases in margins and in profit. This is the power of maintaining focus on business strategy, engineering and implementing business solutions and customer service systems, being customer-driven, building top-notch teams, and focusing staffs on execution of the defined business strategies.
Dr. Nguyen was faculty member at the McCombs Graduate School of Business of the University of Texas at Austin, at the Huston-Tillotson University, and at the Computer Science Graduate School of the Texas State University. He was faculty member of the Keller Graduate School of Business and was also the lead faculty of the Electronic Computer Engineering Technology (ECET) and Network Computer Management (NCM) at the DeVry University in Austin, Texas. Dr. Nguyen received his BS degree in Electrical Engineering (EE) at the University of Oklahoma in 1984. While gaining business experiences working in the industry, Dr. Nguyen completed his MS and PhD degrees in Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) at the University of Texas (UT) at Austin in 1986 and 1989. In 1993, Dr. Nguyen also received his Executive MBA from the University of Texas at Austin. He is named Notable Alumni of the UT ECE in 2003.
Serving the international business and research community, he is an active adviser of the Texas-EU Summit 2013 listed along with other Trade Commissioners and Consul Generals. From 2001 to present, Dr. Nguyen is one of the IC2 Fellows of University of Texas at Austin (A global community of creative and innovative leaders from academia, business, and government with 180 active Fellows from 14 nations) Dr. Nguyen is also an active philanthropist. He has provided assistances to many non-profit organizations and currently is one of the founding board members of International Liver Foundation for Vietnam.
Chief of Software Development
Passionate for technology. Creator of Saigon24.net, Mobile app translation on demand: Lela Interpreter. A UCLA graduate with a background in Biochemistry and Computer Science. 20 years of experience, specializing in eCommerce and Enterprise Software. Has worked with Cisco System Inc, PayPal and Google.
Main objective is using learned experiences to drive successful projects and to build strong teams for a successful company. Capable of building systems and developing software with any given resource at hand. A strong believer in communal teamwork in order to make a company thrive and to produce excellent products for customer satisfaction.
Has taken primary roles as an Corporate Asset Services (CAS) Controller. Providing financial oversight while serving as business partner to the global real Estate and facilities functions. Has involvement with the Global Quality, Continuous Improvement, EH&S and Indirect Procurement Organizations, with an approximate spend of $350M annually.
Took a leading role as a Corporate Finance/Management Group Manager. Provides financial support for Global Finance including Flash and commit spending/Headcount and actual reporting.
As a Human Resource Finance Manager provided financial support for Corporate HR including Flash and commit spending, Headcount and reporting, managed the accurate reporting of monthly and quarter financials and forecasts into various information systems.
Advanced Micro Devices:
_ Corporate Planning Manager
_ Consolidated the forecast and budget for the whole company ($650M).
_ Prepared quarterly 10Q expense analysis for Corporate Accounting.
Lockheed Martin Missiles and Space:
_ Corporate Planning: Business Team Lead
_ Established and managed over $100M budget, cost, schedule and headcount for 9 satellite programs.
Milefast Inc.– Austin, Texas. Corporate Legal Counsel and City of Austin Business Development (2017- Present)
Corporate Law Attorney and Startup Advisor – Austin, Texas. (2009 – Present).
- Counsel entrepreneurs and their enterprises regarding entity selection and formation, corporate governance, incentive plans and awards, employment agreements, proprietary information and invention assignment agreements, debt transactions, stock financings, M&A transactions and securities laws compliance. Representative seed or venture-backed clients include: Hive9, Inc., Revival Cycles, Inc., ClearBlade, Inc., Austlen Baby Co., Audience Forensics, Inc.,Gambitious BV, Yellowbird Foods, and Oriya Organics, Inc.
- Legal and startup advisor to seed investors and early-stage venture capital firms that finance technology and growth enterprises.
Corsa Ventures – Austin, Texas. Associate Partner (2011 – Present).
- Organized new venture capital firm, Corsa Ventures, which closed on $5MM+ in capital commitments for a new venture capital fund, Corsa Fund 2012, LP (the “Fund”), in 2012. The Fund invests in early-stage IT companies (focused on cloud, mobile, data analytics and local brand startups) based in Texas and the Southwestern United States.
- Lead transaction execution, structure investments, model financing and capitalization structures, conduct due diligence, manage external deal advisors, draft and review transaction documents for convertible note and preferred stock financing transactions on behalf of the Fund and SPVs.
- Create Excel models and templates that set/drive investment terms and scenarios and provide liquidation and exit return analyses. Construct models to evaluate dilution impact in follow-on investments.
- Calculate and track individual deal and aggregate portfolio performance and return statistics.
- Form, structure and organize several special purpose vehicles (SPVs) to invest alongside the Fund; lead and manage windup of SPVs after investments are liquidated.
- Contribute to deal flow evaluation by sourcing deals, conducting market research and developing diligence requests.
- Operate as the equivalent to the chief operating officer of the firm by being the principal interface to the legal, accounting, tax and other advisors.
- Construct the annual operating budget for the firm and the Fund, schedule and manage capital calls, negotiate and manage the Fund’s line of credit; lead and manage quarterly and annual reporting to limited partners; oversee the annual audit and preparation of tax returns and K-1s.
- Draft marketing and pitch materials for the Fund’s private placement memorandum and fundraising efforts.
Raven Venture Partners and Venio Capital Partners – Austin, Texas. Venture Capital Senior Associate (2009 – 2015).
- Lead due diligence and deal structuring of M&A and venture capital investments.
- Craft term sheets and develop investment proposals for early stage financing of small businesses and start-up companies.
- Attend portfolio pitch meetings with general partners; assist general partners in managing deal flow pipeline and pre-screening potential investment opportunities.
- Create liquidation financial models for venture investments and M&A transactions.
- Review and analyze company financial performance, fund ownership records and compile portfolio track record.
- Conduct market research on various industries.
- Compose capital call and portfolio company update letters to limited partners.
Wilson Sonsini Goodrich &Rosati P.C. – Austin, Texas. Corporate and Securities Associate (2001 - 2008).
- Practice focused on corporate finance, corporate law and governance, entrepreneurial services, mergers & acquisitions, and venture capital.
- Closed over 50 business transactions in venture capital, M&A and IPOs.
- Counseled entrepreneurs, emerging companies and venture capital firms (e.g., Austin Ventures, Santé Health Ventures and CenterPoint Ventures).
- Counseled numerous publicly-traded technology companies (e.g., National Instruments Corporation, Microchip Technology Incorporated, Taser International, Inc., Integrated Silicon Solutions, Inc., Harmonic, Inc., Vignette Corporation) with ’33 Act and ’34 Act compliance.
- Drafted and reviewed registration statements, proxy statements, periodic reports (10-K, 10-Q, 8-K), Schedule 13G beneficial ownership reports, committee charters, press releases, conference call scripts, response to SEC comment letters.
Yale Law School – New Haven, CT. Juris Doctor, 2001.
Stanford University – Stanford, CA. B.A., Economics & History 1998, with distinction.
- Phi Beta Kappa (junior year election).
- Winner of Gordon A. Craig Prize – Best Freshman Essay in History.
Westwood High School – Austin, Texas 1994.
- National Merit Scholar.
City Of Austin Project Coordinator
Ben Ramirez III,CEO of Cogitare Global, LLC. Cogitare Global assists the transformation of local companies into global competitors.Ben works with organizations to identify specific business goals and implementation strategies which match their objectives. He providesexecutives and their teams with the tools they need to achieve sustainable growth in a continually changing international marketplace.
Drawing upon a twenty-year career in the public and private sectors, Ben has earned a reputation as a trusted advisor with expertise in strategic planning and global partner development. He has assisted numerous business expansion efforts within the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) region and around the world.
Ben is the Administrator of the Foreign Trade Zone of Central Texas. He received an appointment to the Texas Camino Real District Export Council by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce, Penny Pritzker. He is a board member of Austin Sister Cities International,andserves as Vice President and Executive Director of the International Trade Center for the World Affairs Council of Austin.Ben holds a BA in Philosophy and Political Science from the University of Michigan, and a JD from the University of Toledo.